Shakeology

Friday, January 21, 2011

Life is Not a 90 Day Program

Congratulations!  You just finished P90X.  If you did things the right way, you are much stronger, much leaner, faster, and about 10 times as flexible as you were before you started.  I told you doing Yoga was beneficial.  The compliments sure are nice, aren't they?  

So, what now?  Do you do P90X again?  Do you begin Insanity?  Turbofire?  Do you join a gym?  Those are all great questions.  We will handle those over the phone or in person.

Your new-found abs or biceps look great.  But what is going to keep you motivated six months, a year, ten years from now?  It shouldn't be just the great looking body.  In my humble opinion, fitness has to be spiritual.  For me, it is being able to play with my kids when they are older.  It is about being able to pick my grandkids up over my head and spin them around.  It's about NEVER being on blood pressure medication.  It's about having a quality of life when I am 80 that makes me want to stay above ground.  It is about, God forbid, one of my family members gets sick, I can take care of them.  The list is a mile long, but you see where I am coming from.  I am planning for those days right now.  

The same should hold true for what you put into your mouth.  If you eat a clean diet full of vitamins, anti-oxidants, whole grains, and lean proteins, yes, you will most definitely look better now.  But think about what that is doing for your body 20 years from today.  You are less likely to get sick and much less likely to have to take medications you would otherwise have to.

If your goal is to only fit into your old jeans or to look like some actor or athlete, I can guarantee you that won't get you out of bed for your Plyometrics day two years from now.  Why?  Because nobody cares about how you look but you (I stole that from Tony).  If your goals are more substantial than that, like the ones I may have listed above, then chances are you are going to stay motivated way past day 90 of your current workout schedule.

You are going to make an amazing grandparent!      

Bill 
www.teambeachbody.com/billeaton  

No comments:

Post a Comment