Shakeology

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reason Number 491 Why Beachbody Workouts Are Better- Convenience

Not sure about you, but convenience is a key to my workouts.  This morning I did an hour of Kempo Karate at my house.  It kicked my tail- pun definitely intended.  I am still sweating as I type this.  What I really liked about it (especially on a Sunday morning before church) is that I can get a more effective workout in my garage than at a gym.  No driving to the gym in the rain (not that most gyms are open this time on Sunday mornings), no waiting on my instructor, no waiting on people to get off equipment (germs, anyone?), and no one watching me embarrass myself trying to do a new exercise or move.

I just did some rough math.  Maybe this will hit home with people with families or other interests.  If your average commute to the gym is 15 minutes each way, and you workout 5 times a week,  that is 130 hours a year you are spending JUST commuting.

Oh, and you don't have to run into gym guy.  You know, the guy with the orange skin and tank top.  

No comments:

Post a Comment